Thursday, May 27, 2010

THIS IS NUMBER 1000-CHECK OUT THE VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST!!!!

Yes that is correct, 1000 posts of "Arizona Dan" the blog that just goes on and on. This blog was started way back on Feb. 25th, 2007 upon my arriving in Arizona to take a job at the Magazine "AZ Home". Almost four years and three months to the day. That first day I had five posts. Wow! I must have thought it was important to start out with a bang. In those posts one thing caught my eye. On that first Sunday at the first church I visited the pastor gave a sermon on this Bible quote:

"God told Abram, leave your country, your family, and your father's home for a land that I will show you. " Genisis 12:1-4


I don't believe things just happen, that was a very strong message. One that I still believe to this day...God has a reason for us to be here in Arizona.

During the time here, I've had four jobs and Lynn has had three. Life is still a roller coaster but I've come to realize that is the way it's supposed to be. If life was anything but a roller coaster, we wouldn't need to rely on God. And maybe that was the whole point for us to come out here. We needed to learn to wait, listen, be humble, be obedient and rely on God for everything.

Now my last job with Lifetouch lasted three years. During that time I got to do something I never really had done much of...travel for business. I became a ROAD WARRIOR. In looking at my posts I would always start out with "GREETINGS FROM..."
Here are the places I got to visit and report from (in no particular order):
Sedona, AZ
Flagstaff, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Chino Valley, AZ
Prescott, AZ
Deer Camp, AZ
San Diego, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Pasa Robles, CA
Walnut, CA
Redlands, CA
Banning, CA
Irvine, CA
Blythe, CA
Lake Forest, CA
Laguna Nigel, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Mesquite, NV
Everett, WA
Seattle, WA
Maryville, WA
Enemclaw, WA
Pullyalup, WA
Quartzsite, AZ
Breckenridge, CO
Georgetown, CO
Denver, CO
Littleton, CO
Chickasha, OK
Tulsa, OK
Atchinson, KS
Kansas City, KS
Kansas City, MO
Leavenworth, KS
Olathe, KS
Washington DC
Charlotte, NC
Buffalo, NY
Niagara Falls NY/Ontario
Whitby, ON
St Jacobs, ON
Kitchener, ON
Huntsville, ON
Belleville, ON
Simcoe, ON
Toronto, ON
Rocky Point, Mexico
There, that wasn't too bad and I did most of it in a six month period. In some ways, I really didn't mind the travel. Yes, when you travel for business, it's not like you are a tourist, but it is an adventure and I like adventure. I certainly got to see a lot of areas I never would have seen on my own. I never would have thought to go to Seattle, Buffalo, NY and certainly not in my wildest dreams, Ontario, Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment