Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A good talk by the President

The President did a good job on his "after crisis" speech just like all the others before him. Reagan after the Challenger Disaster; Clinton after Oklahoma City; and Bush after 911.  It was an uplifting speech,  just what we needed.  What seemed strange to me was the crowd reaction, during parts where he was talking about all the death and destruction, the crowd was cheering? What's up with that?

This certainly is an unusual week. I've agreed with John Stewart on the Daily Show and now the President. I'm taking both of their comments at face value and leave it at that. In my mind they both have a long ways to go to earn my trust and respect individually.  Now I respect the office of the President but on an individual basis, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment