Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Two New Year's Resolutions postcardsImage via WikipediaLong ago I changed to a standing New Year's Resolution which is I agreed to give up giving up stuff. As a local pastor said recently, "Every January 1st,  I resolve to lose weight and quit lying but by the end of February I'm just a big fat lire." So I guess I don't want to over promise and under deliver. But that doesn't mean we all shouldn't have goals and try to make the coming year better than the previous year. I can say that 2010 was a better year. I was employed for the entire year, my photo business grew larger and we moved into a nice townhouse. Things are still tough, money is tight but we had some consistency that we didn't have in 2009. And I don't have to travel around the country any more. Although I would say that is both good and bad. I didn't mind living on the road once I got there and got settled in. I just hated all the time spent in airports and on airplanes. But I digress, my goals are pretty much the same as last year, make progress on our debt load, lose weight, get in better health, grow my photo business and stay employed. My ultimate goal and my DREAM is to some how, some way, take Show Biz Photo to the next level with the idea of becoming self employed. I've created a wedding web site to try and do more weddings to fill in the months when I'm not doing theatrical photography. So we'll see what God has in store for us. I also wish the very best for everyone else in 2011. Best Wishes to All and to All a Great 2011.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment