Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gee I had some great ideas for a post...

fancy logo/writing for use in MBTI articlesImage via Wikipedia...unfortunately, I didn't write them down!!!! I gotta get in the habit of doing that. There are some great posts that you missed out on because of it. For the record, I took the Myers-Briggs test again and I am an ESTP/Artisian/Promotor.  I also too the DISC test tonight as well (high D high I) whatever these all mean. Just read the results, they are mostly accurate. It sure shows my need to win at stuff.  Which I hardly ever do but it isn't for a lack of trying. I remember back in Arlington, MN (about 30 years ago) I was at a party playing "Twister" with a friend who was equally determined to win and it was like the longest "Twister" match in history. So much so that nobody wanted to watch anymore and they made us call it a draw. So Karen A. if we ever meet again, I want a rematch.

Okay, back on topic. All these tests list suggested professions you should follow and everyone of them say I should be a photographer.  So I guess these tests are mostly right. They also say I'm a good promoter, good at winning people over and an expert troubleshooter and negotiator.

Here's something pretty amazing. God knew these skills. So at a time when our church was going through great internal conflict and struggle he put things into place so that I would lead our church through it. What an amazing God! I don't feel like I was a very good leadership board chairman, but we had some huge issues to wade through and it is crystal clear to me now that God knew exactly what he was doing all along, even when I didn't. Now I can't go into exactly what happened but we had two or three issues that could have easily destroyed the church and by the grace of God we survived to later thrive. Praise God.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment