Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sorry for the delay

Sorry gang I've been working at a school musical as part of my part time job working for myself as Show Biz Photo. Desert Mountain High School performed "Oklahoma".  It's a classic, I think the cast really warmed up to this show and did a terrific job. One of the cast members was from Minnesota.

I also talked to a guy at work who called in from Minnesota. Which doesn't happen all that much for me. We get calls from all over the country and seldom do I get to speak with anyone from Minnesota. He has a very nice Minnesota accent. He told me he hoped is was as bad as some of the farmers from Northern MN. I had to laugh at that. I can certainly see why some folks think we speak with a Canadian accent, it really isn't too far off.  Minnesotans don't as "eh" and they have the heavy "ou" sound but we are similar. I say that because of the two months I spent working in Ontario, I learned to speak with a perfect Canadian accent so I can usually pick it up very quickly. Plus I would say every week I talk to at least three people from the Toronto area. Toronto is a real hot spot for us to get calls from, not sure why but we do. I would also venture to say I have talked to someone from nearly every state in America as well. Also, did you know they added another Providence in Canada about three years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment