Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Top 12 Asked Interview Questions

Cover of "The Dirty Dozen"Cover of The Dirty DozenThe Dirty Dozen
1. Tell me about yourself. Something that is not on the resume.
2. Why are you looking? Why did you leave your lost position?
3. What kind of compensation are you looking for?
4. What is your management style or philosophy?
5. What are your strengths/weaknesses?
6. Describe a situation where your work or idea was critized, how did you react?
7. What kind of people do you personally find difficult to work with?
8. If you had a choice, do you prefer to work with others or by yourself?
9. How did your last boss get the most out of you?
10. What aspect of your job do you consider the most critical?
11. What are some of the things that you like to do on your personal time?
12. When could you start?

This was given to me at a job seeker's workshop but I have to say of these 12 questions, I've only had 7 of them asked of me. One time I was asked a question that was right from the TV show, THE OFFICE. I was asked, "as a manager would you like to be loved or feared".  I  almost laughed and gave her the Steve Correll answer, "I want people to fear how much they love me".  I didn't but on hindsight, I wish I would have gave that answer. Maybe next time.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment