Sunday, October 24, 2010

Laid Off Camp was great.

WASHINGTON - FEBRUARY 25:  This compact disc w...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeIt was fun to be part of the process in helping people who are laid off to find the resources they need to move forward. I even won a 10 CD set entitle "Escape from Cubicle Nation".  The author felt sorry for me since I've been trying to escape from that for 20 years so she gave me a copy for free. Then I hustled home so Lynn and I could have dinner with her cousin and her husband who are out here looking to buy a place to retire. They are from Oakland, I didn't realize it was such a cold and rainy place. Like most folks who come here, they are looking for the 300+ sunny days and cheaper living. Although, I don't think cheaper living out here includes golf (except in the summer). But I really would like to go golfing again. It's about that time. I try to go once every three months. But I think the last time I went was about a year ago. So far, I've lost nine pounds on my diet. Although this weekend has not been good. I'm going to have to hit it hard this coming week.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment