Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blogging about blogging...what a concept!

Downtown Phoenix, Arizona, county seat of the ...Image via WikipediaArizona Dan, what is it? Good question.  This blog page runs contrary to everything "the experts" say it should be. The professionals say a blog should be highly focused around one topic. The more specific, the better to drive massive amounts of traffic which will make you rich from Google Adsense.

My blog is...well...about anything I want it to be. It can be informative, it can be funny, it can be a political rant, it can be a Top 10 List,  it can be boring stuff about what Arizona Dan is doing. It was formed as a family and friends blog four years ago when I moved to Arizona.

As you may have noticed, I've written a few columns that are targeted to the general public. I'm curious how those posts do. For example the Tim McGraw concert review attracted 100 new visitors. I've also added a few ads to this blog. I have no dreams of being rich over this but it would be nice to get my time paid for and if not, that's okay. I do this because I enjoy it. I consider it my contribution to society. I also consider it to be a ministry opportunity of sorts. God plays a major role in my life.

So why don't I write a highly focused blog? Well I have a lot of history behind this blog. Often times it appears on the first page of the Google organic search. I feel I have more to gain by staying on this blog since it already has an audience and scores high on Google.

FUNNY THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I'VE HAD TO WRITE THIS COLUMN DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. YOU REALLY WOULD HAVE LIKED THE ORIGINAL ONE. BUT THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment