Sunday, July 15, 2012

90 Minutes in Heaven


 

First off, no I haven't read the book by Don Piper. However, he came to speak at our church today and it was very inspiring. What a fantastic story. God is certainly still in the miracle business. But then in some way, aren't we all. I think we can all relate to a time and place were things happened that can only be described as God doing his thing. I guess when I think about it, I'm a miracle. Back in 1957 I was born at six months. I wasn't supposed to have lived, in fact the sister that proceeded me a few years earlier only lived a few days. It was because of that tragedy that the doctors were more prepared for me when I came along. They did a few things that bought me extra time that my sister never had.

For those of you who are waiting for the movie (yes there will be a movie.) Don was killed in a head on collision with a semi-truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene by four paramedics. A pastor stopped by the road and asked the first responders if there was anyone he could be praying for and they said the other three are okay but the guy in the red car is dead. The pastor immediately felt the presence of God who told him to pray for the guy in the red car. So he got permission to go to the red car, lift up the tarp on the car and start praying for the dead man. He prayed and sang with him for 90 minutes. It was in the middle of, "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" that the dead man, Don Piper, joined in the singing.

So 13 months in the hospital and 34 operations later, Don is telling his story to churches all over the world.  It is amazing.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment