Saturday, January 22, 2011

Went to the gun show today...

I always enjoy going to the gun show. For one thing out here, gun shows are three times bigger than the ones in Minnesota.  Yes I would say 80 percent of the show is guns and accessories. But it is the 20 percent of other stuff that makes it so interesting. I think if you could come up with some very narrow niche product you could do very well.  It only costs $100 to rent a table. It's just a matter of finding the right product. For example, today a lady was selling giant mouse pads with drawing of various guns on the cover and all the parts named and pulled out, kinda like a fix it map. Anyway, she was selling these as "gun cleaning rugs" for $20 each and they were selling like crazy. What a great idea. There's always lots of gizmo and gadget dealers of all shapes and sizes selling you name it. There also plenty of products for women like jewelry and glassware as well as clothes, cowboy boots, books, t-shirts, bumper stickers, freeze dried food, camping equipment or anything to use at your cabin or as the case may be, your bunker or bomb shelter. If I could come up with a new and different product to sell, I think it would be fun to be a vendor at the gun show. Maybe I'll have to keep my eye open for just the right product. By the way, it is amazing to me how small and cheap Tazers have become. You can buy a Tazer that looks like a cell phone for $20. Also, I'm impressed the the wide variety of Samuri Swords they have. You can buy a cheap one for $10 or a real one for $1400. Also they had a guy selling all kinds of GI Joes. Well think about it, if you are going to set up a battle scene, you need an enemy. So they had a GI Joe Hitler as well. They did have a reuseable ice and hot pack for my shoulder that I bought. But no, I didn't buy a gun. Can't afford one.

No comments:

Post a Comment