Friday, February 11, 2011

Evil Companies...but no names since not all are evil

I fail to see why companies intentionally hire people knowing they are going to end up with a 60 to 70 percent turnover rate. Talk about a waste of resources. All it does is keep the HR Department busy. You can't tell me it's cheap to hire and train new people all the time. I'm sure these companies like to say they hire with only the best intentions and that they have no way of knowing who stays and who goes. All I can say is "BULL". 

On day one the companies are responsible for the environment and culture they place their new hires in.
By underpaying people and having nearly unattainable metrics they know damn well they will have a revolving door. I imagine you could say this is all part of supply and demand and these companies are doing this simply because they can. Maybe so, but that doesn't make it right. It is immoral to treat people like dirt, pay them peanuts,  and not give them a fair chance to succeed by stacking the numbers against them.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm usually on the side of business.  I totally agree with capitalism and think it is the best system created as long as the Federal Government does not bail out companies. No company is too big to fail.  It's a much needed check and balance that make's capitalism work.  

If I'm hard on some companies it's because I know what it's like to work for a company that cares enough about it's people to pay them well yet offer an incentive to excel. Yes, it can be done without fear or putting tons of people through a revolving door. If a company loses more than 10 percent of it's workforce each year, something is very, very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment