Friday, March 11, 2011

Sleep is such an overrated concept...

Goal keeper in action. (Youth game in Germany).Image via WikipediaLet's see the other day I was up 41 straight hours and tonight I should get about 4 hours. No problem.
As you may know, I've been doing a show and I've had a few technical problem along the way. This has not been a smooth show by any stretch of the imagination. But tomorrow we have two more shows and I have help so it shouldn't be too bad.

One thing about sales that I've always wondered about. Okay, I usually have a general idea of what I would like to do for sales. But I do not have a firm goal. My goal is to do the best I can with every customer all the time. Some folks say that is the wrong approach in that I need a firm goal to shoot for. But here's the thing, if I get so caught up in attaining that firm goal, it may put more pressure on me to put more pressure on my customers and I don't fell that is always a good thing. I'm in a school at the pleasure of the drama department. All it takes is one parent to even perceive that I was putting on too much pressure and I would not be invited back. So no, I'd much rather have one overall goal of doing right by everyone and letting the chips fall where they may. I think the whole firm goal thing came from bean counters who can't stand the idea not having a projection. Okay, done writing and time for bed. I hope you appreciate that I take the time to share with you guys.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment