Saturday, August 6, 2011

How to make a job fair work.

Baker, La., August 17, 2006 - Residents of Ren...Image via WikipediaMy new resume is ready to go. I've got it set up so that I plug in the name of the company and the position I'm applying for on every resume I send out. Yes, it's more work but it's what they do these days. I swear, some of these job sites, DRIVE ME CRAZY.  Some are very simple to apply for a job and others take forever. It almost makes you wonder if you even want the job after all the hoops the make you jump through.

Lots of job fairs next week. Up to this point I've always found them to be a big waste of time. You stop in a booth and all they do is tell you go online and apply.  What a joke that is. Well, I'm told that the best way to work at a  job fair is to get a list of all the companies that will be there, pick out 4 or 5 companies that you would like to work for and then apply for the jobs ahead of time so when you meet the recruiter, you can tell them you've already applied and that you are available for an interview. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment