Sunday, July 27, 2014

TV Show "Nashville" and other ramblings of music, church and song.

I've been a fan of the TV Show, "Nashville".  Yes, it's one big soap opera but you do get to care for the characters and the talent level of their voices is amazing.  I have all the songs from the show on my iPhone and I really love the music. In many ways they are more than just songs. I can't help but listen to certain songs and get emotional over them because of when they were sung on the show. 


For example, the singer who is going to give up and they introduce a song about being God's vessel and you talent is not yours to throw away.  Or the singer who was given the shaft by the media who sings about, "don't put dirt on my grave just yet." 



Speaking about getting emotional over songs. It seems the older I get the more sentimental I get listening to certain songs. Often times songs bring me to tears. It's crazy and I'm not sure I understand it but when you think about it, I don't have any other forum to give me an emotional release.

When we first moved here, I went to a church that had a worship director that seemed to have the exact same taste in music that I did. It was a pretty awesome worship experience for me. I don't think I ever found church so emotional or meaningful. If he would have stayed in the local area I really would have considered following him to another church.

Granted, church is a lot more than just a worship service or particular songs.  But never in my life have I ever had such a wonderful experience. All these years I've gone to church because of the people, the pastor, the teaching and the community.  Never once did I go because of the music. I never knew what I was missing. So now, I work on Sunday and don't go to church. I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment