Sunday, March 6, 2011

Another Great Day At Northridge

Discarded McDonalds packagingImage via WikipediaIt was so wonderful to worship at Northridge today. It gave me the lift that I really needed. What makes Northridge different?  Well for me, it's the music. Most churches play what I call "McMusic". Like McDonalds, the food is tasty but at the end of the day it's just like all the other McDonalds.  At this church, they do play some of the same songs as other churches. But they do the songs so well they take it to a whole new level of enjoyment where the music is so beautiful and wonderful I can't help but get emotional and feel God reaching out to me like never before. That just doesn't happen at other churches I go to. Like never. Now that's not to say that I haven't enjoyed the music at other churches, because I have, but it's never been to the extent of emotion I feel at Northridge. This world can be so cold and mean and nasty, it's easy to climb into my Minnesota roots and be the stoic Bud Grant. It's such a relief to be able to feel something wonderful and powerful at church. Praise God.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment