Saturday, December 31, 2011

I'm a slacker...

"Runaways" used conventional stage l...Image via WikipediaI'm sorry gang but writing a book on theatrical photography has really made it difficult to blog here on a consistent basis.  I probably don't have much of a fan base left, sorry gang. To top it off, I also have a photography blog as well called, Photography Business Builder

The PBB site is so new that I'm not searched in Google yet so I'm not too concerned if I don't blog every day. I will have to step it up on that one as well. 

My theatrical photography book is pretty much done, I'm sitting at 60 pages in the 6"x9" size format. To self publish it, I would be looking at $6 per book.  However, since there isn't much written on theatrical photography, I've decided to pitch the idea to real book publishers that specialize in photography books. You never know, might as well give the big boys a chance at publishing it.

Self-publishing is so easy to do.  All I need to do is buy one book. Then I can sell them on my own simply by directing people to a website. When I search all over the Internet, there really isn't much out there covering what I do. Theatrical photography usually is done for publicity purposes which is totally different than what I do. So we will see if the pros are interested in me. I will let you know when I know.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment