Saturday, July 19, 2014

Looking for a thinner version

Well,  after hearing the ads on the radio for eight years, I've decided to try the Medifast diet plan.  Yes, it's expensive but when I figured out what I've been spending on eating out all the time, it turns out Medifast is cheaper than what I'm doing now. 

I weighed in at 205 and they figure a good weight for me would be 165. If I can lose two pounds a week I will reach that goal on December 13, just in time to chow down at Christmas.  I'm willing to do this because the three times in the past when I went on Atkins, I did lose 25-35 lbs. However, it all came back each time. Medifast has a good track record of people keeping it off. Plus I will have to weigh in every week and pay the big bucks every week so I have an investment of time and money as well. As they say, I have skin in the game which pretty much forces me to stay with the program.

It's all prepackaged food five times a day with one "lean and green" meal on my own. And I don't have to miss out on my beloved Diet Mountain Dew as I am allowed two a day. Will it be easy? No but I think it will work as long as I stick with it.

Another reason I'm doing this is for my health. I'm at the point in my life where if I don't take care of this now, I could see some serious things down the road, namely diabetes for starters. Also, if this is proven successful, perhaps Lynn will give it a try.  Right now she's not a big fan because she believes it is too expensive and when you go off the program, she believes people gain it all back.

I guess we'll see what happens. With my wife already thinking I'll fail, that does give me added incentive to prover her wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment