Sunday, July 20, 2014

What church?

Let's see now, since I believe the beginning of March I have been working Saturdays and Sundays. My schedule recently changed where I now have Friday and Saturday off but no Sunday.  The biggest problem is I am not able to go to church on Sunday. The last time I went to church was Easter Sunday. I was working but it just so happened there is a church I'm familiar with, right across the street from work so I left work and went to church and came back. At the time, I told them I hadn't missed an Easter Sunday service for 20 years and I didn't intend to now and I walked off and left. They could have fired me but do I really want to work for a place that wouldn't allow me to take an hour off on Easter Sunday? 

My work at the call center sucks. I hate every minute that I'm there. Frankly, I don't care if they do fire me. I could then work on the projects I really do love...my photography business. Now things might me changing at work. I took a free class at work to get my health insurance license. When the open enrollment starts up this fall, I will be working for a different client within the same company but I will be making $17 an hour instead of $10 and I will be selling Medicare Advantage plans to people who call in off of the ads on TV. 

Even though it's call center work, the bump in pay will make it easier to live with and I think I will like it more than what I'm doing now. Right now it's customer service for people who are mad, upset or just plain crazy. I don't deal with mad, upset or crazy very well. It always makes me feel like I'm one call away from getting fired and in a call center, everyone is one call away.  I guess the thing is with the license, I can always take that with me. So we'll see how this all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment